About My Banner Image

Is it possible I have never written about my banner image? Sometimes things are just there, and you leave it at that, right? But this image is far from random. It is by my friend, the American born, Zurich based, and P-town associated artist Judith Trepp. I think it is oil and oil stick on linen, but I'm not inclined just now to go searching to confirm. Do I mean too lazy? Perhaps. What I will say is that I love this image because it suggests that the greater existence of it is beyond the frame that isolates and truncates it, rather like the life of each of us earthlings, which is far greater and more expansive than what we detect from the decades we experience here. Further, it is also quite suggestive of the ouroboros, the snake or dragon that swallows its own tail, showing that life is always inside of life, there is no outside or other. Philosophy aside, it's bold and confidently horizontal, just what the space called for.

Comments

Popular Posts