The Salt Migrations

M. Bogen, Cambridge, Mass., March 2022

Look, just because I will tell anyone who will listen (they just need to listen, not care) that I will never spend another winter up north doesn't mean that I am blind or immune to the particular beauty that winter offers us hardy, masochistic souls. Laying down salt is a necessary evil after big storms, especially those with freezing rain and sleet. Over the several days since the last storm there wasn't any rain to wash the salt away. The salt in my parking lot at work ended up up looking like this due to the movement of moisture resulting from ever-so-slight thawing. Pretty cool, right? Not enough by a long shot, however, to convince me to do this again next winter. They've got cool visuals in the tropics too.

Comments

Popular Posts