Paola Pivi's Enchanting Feathered Wheels



While we were in South Beach we visited the gorgeous, newly updated Bass Museum of Contemporary Art. There, we encountered pieces from the conceptual artist Paola Pivi, whose works exhibit oodles of elan. The highlight for us was the installation of spinning feathered wheels. Here are some still photos. (Click through to view a mesmerizing video of the wheels in motion.) I must confess that I was enjoying them so much that I feared going over to the wall text, which I was sure was going to inform me that there was some sinister aspect to the wheels, perhaps relating to extinction or environmental desecration, you know, the go-to catastrophes. Well, the wall text just contained titles and materials for the wheels. No hectoring! Could it be that it was okay to just experience pleasure and wonder and delight? God, I hope so. I'm sort of walking around on eggshells, waiting for the inevitable sociopolitical aesthetic buzzkill.

CLICK FOR HIGH RES LARGE FORMAT IMAGES



Comments

Popular Posts