Terry Callier: "Caravan of Love"


I didn't post Al Green's "L.O.V.E. Love" as a musical New Year's wish this year, something I've done the last few years. I guess I didn't want to distract from the Pretenders' version of "Rabo De Nube," which I had posted a day earlier. Still, I don't want forego the tradition of including some good old unreconstructed, unapologetic peace and love music on my site. So, here, in that tradition, is the late Terry Callier (a Bodhisattva if there ever was one) performing "Caravan of Love," a song often credited to the Isley Brothers, but properly credited to Isley, Jasper, and Isley, with Jasper being Chris Jasper, who sang lead on the original version, and who, I believe, was the principal songwriter. So here, without irony, is "Caravan of Love."

Comments

Popular Posts