Today's Assignment: The Virgin Birth

Today, class, I would like you to consider the question: What is the meaning of the virgin birth? The only answers off limits are either that it's a load of superstitious BS or the entering of God into the world in the form of Jesus. Rather what does it mean as a myth, as a story that has proven immensely powerful for humankind? What does it tell us about existence and consciousness? I've got my ideas, but I'll skip those for now and offer this text strictly as an example of what we in the education field call generative content. Actually, now that I think of it, the whole darn Bible is the biggest source of generative content the world has ever known, that is, as long as it isn't being treated as a source of dogma or doctrine.

Comments

Popular Posts