What Is Trust?

Last year I meditated and did affirmations aimed at increasing my level of trust, generally speaking. The only tangible result I saw was that my ability to sing harmony improved. Previously, when singing in the same register as the lead melody voice on a recording, my voice would be magnetically drawn toward it. Now I can find the right notes independently. So that's something! Maybe I can join One Direction! However, when it comes to living with trust, the middle way remains the best. I was scheduled to give a talk that fall, and at the last minute I went to the group's website and saw that the location for the talk had changed, though no one had told me. So . . . "trust but verify" will always make sense -- if one doesn't obsess about the 'verify' part, that is.

Comments

Popular Posts