Who Are You Villainizing?

Recently came across this question and it really stopped me in my tracks: Who do you villainize to justify yourself and your choices? Whoa. How much of what I would call my reasonable social critique and analysis is based on my own insecurity? There isn't any one way to live. I make my choices and others make theirs. That doesn't mean I don't think there are mistaken paths in life, paths that won't bear the fruit perhaps that the person pursuing them hopes they will. And I can speak to that, and should. Indeed, maybe get a bit testy about it when said choices impinge personally or widely. Bottom line: I guess what this means is that I would do well judge the rightness of my choices independently of the choices that others make for themselves.

Comments

Popular Posts