My Contribution to the Guns Debate

Trump and the Republicans feel that the "magic bullet," if you will, for solving assault weapons massacres at schools, is to arm as many teachers as possible with rifles and handguns. Since my first impulse is to treat every suggestion made by Trump seriously -- he is after all known for his discernment and erudition -- I quickly came around to this idea. I do, however, think it would be good to go a step further. The problem with arming teachers is the amount of time it would take to "scale up" so that the majority of our schools are well fortified. It might take too long. Therefore I suggest bussing our children to prisons, since they already have the infrastructure in place there.

And they say liberals and conservatives can't find common ground!

Comments

Popular Posts