Standing Up for Principle

After Orlando I figured, well, why even follow the news coverage because nothing will ever change in this country when it comes to guns. Yes, I'm pessimistic and cynical. But then I realized, I'm not totally powerless here. I can write an Onion-style headline!

After Orlando Massacre Republicans Hold Fast to the Principle That Every Homicidal Maniac Should Have Unfettered Access to Assault Weapons

And the subtitle:

NRA Decries Tepid GOP Defense of the 2nd Amendment

There. I feel a bit better now.

Process Note: I wrote this after watching Paul Ryan so gravely intoning his deep concern about the grievous affront to democracy represented by the Democratic congressional sit-in. Meanwhile his phone was dinging with an incoming text from that great patriot Wayne LaPierre.

Comments

Popular Posts