Writin' Is Fightin'

So said the wordsmith Muhammad Ali, who knew his way around the ring and the language. My question as of late has been about fightin' with words. How can words confront without shutting people down? And more personally, how should I understand the "argument" part of my blog name? I've got a lot of combative thoughts I don't want to include here, or want to but am not sure I should; not sure they would strengthen the site. Now, I'm always making arguments for the art, music, and poetry I love. And I do take an occasional aesthetic swing at stuff I hate, like the Grammies. And sometimes the noise around politics gets so loud I feel an obligation to say something. I mean, certain issues intrude and must be dealt with. So this question shall remain open.

Comments

Popular Posts